Enter Timothy Dean
Timothy Dean spent 12 years working on and off with the late, great chef, Jean-Louis Palladin at Jean-Louis in the famed Watergate Hotel, and later as Chef de Cuisine at Palladin in New York City. Currently owner of TD Burger DC, Chef Timothy Dean worked alongside other notable chefs including Alain Ducasse, Roberto Donna, Guenter Seeger and Patrick Clark. Past winner of Bravo TV’s Top Chef, Chef Dean is a proud graduate of Howard University. He was named the university’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2000. His favorite dishes are Maine lobster with mac & cheese and shaved black truffles and pan seared Hudson Valley foie gras with rhubarb and 20-year-old Port wine sauce. In 2017, Chef Dean is proud to introduce his signature TD Sauces!
- Auspicious beginning as a 14 year old dish washer and preparation assistant
- Sous Chef at the Best Western Hotel in Temple Hills, Maryland
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree at Howard University
- Chef de Cuisine at the internationally known Palladin Restaurant
- Sous Chef to Jean Louis Palladin at Jean Louis Restaurant at the Watergate Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- Consultant to Gunter Seeger at Resto des Amis; a highly regarded fine dining restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia
- Assisted in the opening of Pesce, a collaboration of his mentor, Jean Louis, and Italian superstar Chef Roberto Donna. He brought his talent and inspiration to this bistro style seafood restaurant earning excellent reviews throughout the region.
- Tapped by Chef Patrick Clark at The Hay Adams Hotel. Known internationally as one of the finest hotels in this country
- Chef Timothy acquired for the position as Chef de Cuisine at Palladin Restaurant in the Watergate Hotel by Jean Louis Palladin
- Opened and established Odessa in Laguna Beach, California with owner Norman Nixon and superstar actor Denzel Washington. There he created and prepared original menus of southern style cuisine with a French flair.
- Chef Timothy continued to open and establish several restaurant ventures with Jean Louis Palladin
- Owner and Executive Chef of the five star Timothy Dean Restaurant and Bar at the St. Regis Hotel in Washington, DC with annual sales in excess of $5 million dollars.
- Opened Timothy Dean Bistro, Fells Point, Baltimore, MD
- The concept changed to Prime Steakhouse in 2010
- Timothy was on the popular television show Top Chef in 2010. Although Timothy finished in the middle of the pack, the show has elevated him to celebrity status.